There. We said it. Christmas Day, quite frankly, can be pretty shit. For an endless number of reasons, in fact. Fancy cracking the facade of the ‘most wonderful’ day of the year with us? Here are the most annoying things about Christmas Day that we can probably all relate to.
1. “The amount of Mrs Brown’s Boys taking over the tele. It’s just not funny!”
Can we all unite and agree that Mrs Brown’s Boys just has to be the worst thing on TV this century? If that fact alone wasn’t bad enough already, we have to put up with not one, but two Christmas specials this year. Great.
2. “The need to see and eat with all the members of your family, once a year is too much already”
Some families just love each other from a comfortable distance.
3. “The amount of fruit peel in everything. Why does it need to be in mince pies, Christmas cake and Christmas pudding? It makes Christmas food gross.”
Unpopular opinion? Sure. But we’re sticking to our guns. Chocolate > mince pies.
4. “The pressure for it to be the best day of the year and to be perfect and give the perfect gifts. It’s just a bloody day! (yes, I did just use that line, sorry to be a grinch)”
The only thing ‘perfect’ about Christmas is Christmas food. Sorry not sorry.
5. The fact that you have loads of rubbish and recycling that overflow the outdoor bins, then the bin men don’t take it, because your bin “isn’t closed” THE RAGE
“It’s not my fault Mr. Bin Man, blame Santa!”
6. “People claiming that Christmas ain’t Christmas if it ain’t snowing/white/winter.”
We don’t get a white Christmas all that often. Guess what? It’s STILL Christmas.
7. “Eating all the food and not having leftovers. If there are no leftovers, you didn’t do Christmas well enough”
Note to self: buy extra pigs in blankets this year.
8. “Unnecessarily spending all of your money on gifts that people don’t even need for one day a year. Gift-giving has become so meaningless these days that it takes the fun out of Christmas!”
There goes 500 euros I’ll never get back.